Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An "anniversary" of sorts

I was reminded of the significance of this day a little while ago and thought I would blog about it while I wait on Dave to get home from work!
Due to some other events going on right now, this will make me all teary-eyed but maybe that is what I need!

These are three of the most precious things in the world to me! Its not exactly the picture I was looking for but it will do! My family is still growing but these are the original three!

One year ago today was the culmination of a very long and stressful 7 months! David Jr had been deployed to Iraq and I think we had all had ENOUGH!!!! We had made our way to North Carolina for homecoming and what a trip that was! I don't think ANYTHING can ever compare to the emotions of that day! When I looked down the street and saw those buses make the turn I thought I would explode! They turned in, stopped and all of a sudden there were Marines EVERYWHERE and family and friends and wives and moms and dads and grandparents and babies were going bananas!!!!!! Ashley screamed "There he is" and finally my family was whole again! I cannot tell you about the variety of emotions that day!
My family is so very important to me and the older I get the more I realize that God is teaching me about trust! Not just any trust but COMPLETE trust in HIM! I spent 7 months trusting in God to protect David and He did, time and time again! The neat thing is that - HE STILL CAN!! I am so thankful that I can trust in an all-knowing God for my children!
I thank God for those who protect my country - especially my wonderful, handsome and most favorite Marine!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, David, for being willing to risk life and limb for my freedom.

Anonymous said...

Leah, I will never forget that day either!!! Such emotion. Trusting is an ever new thing...you never know just what you are going to have to trust for! Glad my daughter has in-laws that know and trust Jesus.

Leah said...

Please give him my thanks. It just seems our freedoms are being taken for granted these days. I'm very thankful for those who fight for our safety and freedom!

CrazieChrisa said...

Love this blog, mom!!!

Thank you, friends, for supporting my AMAZING hubby!!!!

Vonnie said...

So good to get caught up with your goings on!!