Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Birthday Story

Once upon a time (about four years ago) a young lady was questioned in depth by her mother as to who she would like to invite to her 30th birthday party to be held QUITE some time after the fact! I was privileged to be one of the two (outside of the usual group) to be invited to their home for a Sunday dinner which was actually supposed to be a surprise!! Another mutual friend has a wonderful husband who let the cat out of the bag as soon as he walked into the door!! What a wonderful dinner we had and great fun at the birthday party!!
Since that day, that friendship has just blown me away!! This young lady accepts me for who I am and we are a unique mess!! I am short, she is not short. We both LOVE Onion Peels at Applebees. She has young children, I have older children. She is easily brought to tears and I easily laugh at things I shouldn't. She is quiet, I am NOT. She doesn't like conflict, I thrive on it (or so I have been told!) I have long hair, she doesn't. She has long fingernails, I DON'T! We both have extremely fun to be around husbands. She works at home and from home, I work at home and away from home. She listens to me complain or grouch or joke, I listen to her trials and triumphs of building a house! She sits in the back of the church, I sit waaaaaay up front. Anyway, I think you get the idea!
So........as I do my best to somehow, someway make up for missing her birthday, Tara - you are such a wonderful, dear friend to me!! I have no idea what I would do if you weren't my friend! Thank you soooooo very much for including me in your 30th birthday bash!! My life has been enriched because of you CHOOSING me for a friend. I appreciate your willingness to serve Christ and learn to be the wife and mommy HE wants you to be! I thing you are a great Mom and I know Ralph thinks you are a GREAT wife!!! I hope that in a small way this will make up for my forgetful brain this week. Keep your ears open - you never know what may happen next!!!

3 comments:

CrazieChrisa said...

Awwwww...your such a nice friend:-D Tara's a pretty cool person! And her lil girl has my man wrapped around her finger probably better than I do;-) Hahaha!!! Luv an miss ya'll!!!

CrazieChrisa said...

U'mmm...if I remember correctly...I did buy you a rose an a card on your ann:-D Sooo yeah I do remember dates:-D Yeah, I can cook..if you give me a recipe to get ideas from and then I go from there! U'mm...ohhh and the food names were Susan's idea..not mine;-) Hahaha!!! It was lots of fun though:-D Anyhooooo...miss you guys like crazy!!! Especially today since there is NOTHING to do! Well nothing fun anyway:-D Hahaha! Luv and miss ya'll!!!

CrazieChrisa said...

I can't WAIT to come see ya'll!!! I miss ya'll too! Hopefully I'll see you in September! At least twice:-D Anything exciting been going on????