Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

I know that doing a blog without pictures is not the "right" thing to do and to be honest, I don't even think I had my camera out after Thursday morning around 10:30 so that makes me horrible!!! So I guess you will have to put up with my "wordy" descriptions of the weekend!!
Thursday morning, Dave got up early to go play racquetball so the girls and I got up and made homemade doughnuts which was a blast. We took a whole tray up to the courts and they promptly disappeared!! I think I may have to do that again sometime real soon and I am sure that more than one person would agree with me!! The funny thing is that the girls wanted me to make a glaze and so a little of this and that 3 ingredients later, we had a "delicious" glaze or so it was proclaimed by my daughters! I proceeded to cook our Thanksgiving dinner which broke tradition somewhat in that we had ham and not turkey!! The menu was: ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, corn casserole, California Blend Vegetables, cheese sauce, Stove Top stuffing, rolls and pumpkin pie. Now for me to cook that was quite a feat but I must pat myself on the back and say "good job"!! We pretty much did nothing else the rest of the day and that was kind of nice!
Friday, Dave got up to play r-ball again and I started in on the house. It needed a good cleaning and so that is what it got. Of course, it helped me along knowing that I had company coming over that evening! Once the house was cleaned, I started cooking AGAIN but this time it was just appetizer - snack stuff. We had a family over who happens to have son who is 18 and so the rest should be pretty much self-explanatory if you remember that Carrie is also 18. I have to break into this story to tell you that about 5 minutes after the Kline family arrived, David called. I told him we had company but he wanted me to put him on the speaker phone anyway so I did. He had quite a time teasing his sister and I am not sure who turned the most red, Carrie or Josh!! It was absolutely hilarious!!!!! Anyway, we had a wonderful time with the family!! They are really sweet and have wonderful children!! (Please make sure to tell them I said that, Josh!!)
Saturday, after r-ball again.... Dave and I went shopping and had a nice time just the two of us. I finished up the laundry and made sure the house was cleaned up and that was it.
Sunday was a good day and I was so thankful for the messages I heard that day!!
So the latest news about David is as follows: He left on Saturday morning (their time) for a 45 day "trip" and so we probably won't hear from him until after the first of the year. I must admit that it really bothered me and it probably ruined my Holiday which of course, ruined the holiday for my family. I am still working on how to handle the different emotions that I have on this journey! I know that time will pass but not hearing from him on Christmas is a bit of a bummer. If you think about it, pray for our family and Christa during these next few weeks! And - hug your kids again!! They will be "all growed up" before you know it!!

5 comments:

CrazieChrisa said...

You'll make it!!! I promise!!! You have to rememeber to stay strong for the rest of your family too! David wouldn't want our lives to just stop b/c he is gone!! He needs us to keep things the same and keep happy! He feeds off our happiness!!! I promise we'll make!! Just gotta stay busy:-D That is my secret anyway:-D Lol!!! Luv and miss ya TONZ!!!!

Leah said...

That touches my heart to read about your son and his sacrifice for our country.
I will be praying for you and your family at this holiday season.

The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed your post, even without the pics. Believe it or not, your meal sounded yummy to this pregnant lady, so I'm sure it was delicious!

So sorry for all the emotions you have to deal with right now with David gone...I cannot imagine! I try to pray for him and y'all when you cross my mind.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. That is funny that Bro. Wolfe mentioned our McDonald's Thanksgiving Dinner! =D Our kids LOVED IT!! =)

Love, Heather and baby! =)

Angie D said...

We'll be praying for your family this Christmas. I don't know how I'd handle that, but I suspect you're doing a lot better than I would. :)

The Dickinsons said...

Leah, Last night we watched the Hobe Sound HS Christmas play. We loved watching it, it was very well done and cute too. We thought it was neat that we could understand all the Spanish words that "Maria" was saying and we were laughing at how others were trying to talk to her (talking LOUD, and then get LOUDER with motions, thinking that that will help the other person that speaks a different language understand you better, we know ALL about that =), etc. We thought that "Maria" did a great job and I told my kids that whoever she was she must be a missionary kid or know Spanish pretty well, for she did great. THEN...today I found out from my Moma, that "Maria" was your daughter, Ashley. How neat! I couldn't see her face really good, so I didn't know who she was. You'll have to tell her that we thought that she did a good job.

Hope all is well y'all's way!
Love, Heather and baby! =)