There - how is that for a blog title?!?!
Well, Friday evening we were enjoying a wonderful, high class meal at the local NEW McDonald's thanks to some gift certificates I found in my sons stuff when my cell phone rang. And what to my wandering ears did appear but the Marine. "Hey Mom - when you were going through my stuff, did you find a pair of boots?" I had and he promptly informed his mother (who was enjoying a greasy double-cheeseburger at that moment) that he HAD to have those boots before leaving his base on Sunday night. Hmmmm...6:15 on a Friday night? To be delivered on Saturday? NOT!!! Anyway, I called my good friend Tara whose husband works for FedEx and said "HELP!!!". But there was no help - too late for the truck!! So the decision was made!! What decision? Glad you asked!!
Dave and I left at 5:00 AM on Saturday morning and drove 12 hours to Camp Lejeune to play FEDEX for our son. Great parents aren't we?? Anyway, we got up there, picked David up, had supper at Outback, spent the night at a hotel (sleep was optional), left the hotel at 7 on Saturday (minus MY PILLOW) and took David back to base. Finally said our good byes and headed home about 45 minutes later. Dropped half dead into bed at around 9:30 last night.
So - yes I had to say goodbye to David again and no that wasn't easy. It was great to see him again even for a short time but still hard to say goodbye. He is officially on his way as I type! I really don't know when he will get there but I am not expecting to for awhile.
FOR THE RECORD - I think I have my emotions under control and after a "gentle, loving reminder" from my heavenly Father, I have things in hand. Much better than when I did my last post!! ** A collective sigh is heard by all readers!!***
On to the next reason for the blog - 7 random things about me!!
1) I LOVE Lima beans - cooked correctly of course!!
2) The longer I am married the more I love David!!
3) I have three of the best kids in the world!!
Oh wait - random things...let me see!!
4) I collect teddy bear figurines! Not picky - just love them!
5) I am trying to quit drinking Diet Mt Dew as of today!
6) The diet is officially back on although there is nothing in my house to eat for a diet!
7) I remember telling Nicole Cassady something about the piano she didn't know but I can't remember what it was - it was too long and too many kids ago!!
Okay - I am done!! And the clapping begins!!!