Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Confession and Compliments

First - the Confession!
Here's a newsflash for you - I HATE, HATE, HATE car shopping! I am of the opinion that you should be able to just blindfold yourself, throw a dart and bam! the perfect car is ready for you! I can't remember what I said about it before but since David bought his dad's truck, we are getting close to desperate for another vehicle. Not desperate yet but getting close - as in 10 days to total despair!! See - Dave is leaving on June 5th so that is when the car shopping HAS to be done! So this past Saturday we went car shopping. Yuck and double yuck! The only fun part about that was that we went as a family and had free hamburgers at one dealership and a nice meal courtesy of Carrie and Ashley! We thought we had found a car for Carrie but the little turkey's at the dealership thought that car was worth about $1000 more than it actually was so no deal! Then we went again yesterday which wasn't completely useless but we will see what happens today. However, once again, for the record and in case you didn't get it the first time, I HATE car shopping!!
Now for the Compliment!!
Once again - I am so thankful for the husband that I have! I am so glad that this kind of stuff is something he can handle quite well. It didn't phase him one little bit to look at the salesman on Saturday and say, "No thanks!" He just has no struggles whatsoever with telling them what he needed to! Just another reason why I love that man!! I am so very thankful that God has given me the husband he has! For more reasons than one and right now, this is a VERY good reason why I am glad that I have him!!!!! Of course, the hard work he is putting into my dining room is another reason I love him!!!!!

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

UGH!! We are getting ready have to buy something too. Fun, fun!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I am with you on this issue. I can't stomach salesmen saying nice things just to win me over. I see right through those dishonest guys. When we were in the market to purchase a van, we went through this. I hated it. Doyle finally went to the car auction with another guy who knew his stuff. After research, we knew what we were willing to pay. It was the best decision we ever made on a vehicle. The van had 9,000 miles on it-almost brand new, under warranty. We purchase it for $6,000.00 less than any dealer. We have had it 8 years with almost no problems. I just hope we can find a deal this good when we are ready to do this again. I break out in a sweat just thinking of it. I hope you find just what you are looking for.

Faith said...

I had to chuckle when I saw your comment on my blog today. I was here last night reading yours and while I was reading suggested to the Lord that it would be reallly nice if He could bring a car to you like He did to us about 2 weeks ago. We were dreading and avoiding the whole process, and * bink * here was the very kind of car we had been wishing for but certain we would never find. (Honest, we hadn't been praying for it (not enough faith)!)

So, bean me. I was working very late and was so tired, but took a few minutes break to pop in here and see what was happening with you all...and left without a peep. :)