Monday, June 2, 2008

Birthdays and "Bashings"

My Mom's birthday was yesterday and no, I won't spread her age around for all the world to read! However, she has been my mom for 39 years and she gave birth to me when she was 32! Hmmm....wonder if I will see 40?!?!
My mom is great! I love her to pieces! She is living up north with my sister and brother-in-law so I wasn't with her on her special day but I did call her. I am the worlds worst with cards and she WILL get one but I thought I would give half my blog to celebrating her birthday!
I have often been told that I am a LOT like my mom! I guess I am in a lot of ways! My mom used to work a lot at youth camps and the one we attended growing up gave her the nickname of "Mean Momma". Somewhere along the line, I got the name of "Mean Momma the second". Not sure who started that one but I would sure like to remember because I would put them in their place!! Oh wait.....Charlene has called me the "Mother of Mean Looks" more times than I can count!! Guess I am like my Mom!! On the serious side, hope you had a great day, Mom! You are the best and I love you lots!
For the bashing - I know....you think that is a bad thing right? Well, this one is! I had just sat down in church yesterday morning when my cell phone vibrated and off I went. It was Christa calling to let me know that David had spent several hours in the ER due to a "head bashing"! He had been at a friends house working on his car and was on his way back to base when he stopped to help a lady change a flat tire! He was just finishing up when she shut the trunk of her car and the car fell off the jack and cracked him in the head! He finished the job and then promptly drove himself to the ER - like any good Marine I guess!! Anyway, they kept him for observation for a few hours and then sent him back to the barracks where he had 3 different Corpmen checking on him every little bit! I talked to him a couple of times yesterday and each time he got a little more clear and "with it". Its interesting - I was ready to jump in my car and head off to take care of my boy! I know - time to let the boy grow up, right? Uh huh! Sure! Maybe next time!!

3 comments:

Marcus and Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Davids head. I hope that he gets to feeling better soon. If we would have known about it I could have taken him some Sunday dinner. I hope there isn't a next time, but if so I will be happy to do what I can.
Hope that you all had a good weekend. We did and now Marcus is off on another 2 week training course. UGH! Such is life with a Marine as your husband!! I love every minute of it and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Hope that you have a good day and that David feels himself soon.

Marcus and Julie Moyer

Angie D said...

Happy Birthday, Sis. T! I remember well her "look"--ya didn't want to get the look! And David's head--OUCH!

Vonnie said...

UGH!! So glad he wasn't any worse than what he was. :(