Monday, September 8, 2008

Our New Humble Abode

Believe it or not, today I am on the internet from our home but won't exactly tell you how I am doing that!! It's a top level secret!!!! Oh wait a minute, I am blogging - there is NOTHING that is a secret here!!
I thought I would share a picture or two of our new home here in Indiana! This is the front of the house and we are settling in pretty well!

This is the dining room that is to the right as soon as you walk in the front door. As you can tell in the very right hand corner of the picture, the bears are back at home on the shelf! The china has still not been unpacked yet but it just may get done this week!

To the left of the front door is the living room and there is a nice coat closet which is also being used to store some things I can't find a place for yet! I am still trying to remind myself that I WILL need a coat closet one of these days!

My kitchen! Down side? I have to remember how to hand wash dishes! No dishwasher! And yes, I left them on the counter on purpose in this picture! Oh yes, the laptop is sitting there also so that if you read my blog, and I am doing it at home, this is where I am for now!

Behind those lovely doors is the local laundromat and as is recognized by the hampers - it is in full swing!! Down the hall are the three bedrooms and the bathroom that you will just have to leave to your imagination as to their looks because there is more than one member of my house who would wring my neck if I posted pictures of the bedrooms!!

A cool thing about this state of Indiana and moving here in September is the fresh tomatoes. Someone gave Dave a bucket full and I am letting them get a little more red before I EAT THEM!!!

Just a few pics to catch ya up on us! If I remember to, I will take some pictures of the church and where Ashley goes to school and post them soon!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like you are getting situated and liking it a little TOO much. You were all supposed to hate it so you would come back! Just kidding!! Glad things are going well for you although we miss you! Thanks for the pics - looking for more soon!

Donna said...

Are you ok? Having office withdrawals? Wanting to come back to your real friends in Florida?

Vonnie said...

Oh you HAD to post pictures of tomatoes, didn't you?? What I wouldn't give for just ONE good, ripe, juicy tomato!! Your house is darling!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Enjoy one of those cool crisp mornings for me; along with one of the crisp cool evenings with the smell of someone's fire burning somewhere nearby. And the leaves. . .I'l enjoy some humidity for you. :-) Blessings to you!